Chinese Government Scholarship(CSC) in Beijing institute of Technology
Who pays for your education?
The Chinese Government
What does the full scholarship cover?
-Accommodation on or off campus depends on availability
-Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme
-Monthly living allowance: Undergraduate: CNY 2,500 (USD 400); Master: CNY 3,000 (USD 485); PhD Candidates: CNY 3,500 (USD 565)
Who can apply?
-Applicants are non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
-Applicants for Master programs should be under the age of 35 and hold a bachelor’s degree; Applicants for PhD programs should be under the age of 40 and hold a master’s degree
Ⅱ. Application Processes
Step 1. CSC online registration (November 15th , 2020 to April 15th, 2021)
Create an account at http://www.campuschina.org/ and choose program Type B. The agent No. of BIT is 10007. Please download the CSC application form after registration.
Step 2. BIT online registration (November 15th, 2020 to April 15th, 2021)
Create an account at http://isc.bit.edu.cn/, upload the following application documents and submit your application to get your BIT application number.
List of the uploaded documents in PDF format:
1. CSC application form;
2. Notarized highest degree certificate (Chinese/English version) for graduates/Certificate of schooling for registered students;
3. Notarized transcripts of the highest degree;
4. BIT Advisor Recommendation Form (You may upload a piece of blank paper instead at the stage of initial application);
5. Curriculum Vitae;
6. Personal Statement indicating your past academic background and preferred research area in BIT with a minimum of 1000 words;
7. Two recommendation letters by home university professors or associate professors, bearing their contact information. and for MBA program applicants, the certificate of working/internship experience is also a must;
8. Front page of the valid passport; Residence permit for the students in China;
9. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner available at
10.TOEFL/IELTS transcript for English-taught programs. The minimum score is 80 for TOEFL and 5.5 for IELTS. HSK 5 (Chinese Proficiency Test) certificate for Chinese-taught programs.
11. Other supporting materials, such as publications, awards, certificate of employment/internship, and etc.
Step 3. Initial Review & Application Fee
If you pass the application review, we will ask you to pay the application fee of 600 CNY (non-refundable) directly online. You will receive a numbered Initial Review Notice after the payment. Then it is time for you to contact BIT advisors for the 2020 BIT Advisor Recommendation Form. You should tell the advisors the BIT application number and the number of your Initial Review Notice so that the advisors will complete the recommendation form for you.
Step 4. Further Review
Upload the signed 2020 BIT Advisor Recommendation Form. If you pass the further review, you will be shortlisted for our online video interviews.
Step 5. Online Video Interview
The online video interview will be conducted via social media app-WeChat and all details regarding the interview will be announced through email.
Step 6. Release of Final Result
The final result will be released through email after the CSC’s final approval.
For any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.