Qinghai University was founded in 1958. It is the only local comprehensive university in Qinghai Province that focuses on four majors of engineering, agriculture, medicine, and management, and coordinates the development of other disciplines. It is jointly established by the province and the ministry and is supported by universities such as Tsinghua University. In 2012, it was selected as a university in the “Project for Enhancement of Comprehensive Strength of Universities in the Midwest” in 2012. Outstanding students and scholars from all over the world are welcome to apply for Chinese government scholarships to study or conduct research at Qinghai University!
Independent Enrollment Program of Chinese Universities
The “Autonomous Enrollment Program for Chinese Universities” is a full scholarship pro vided to the provincial education administrative departments of some provinces and autonomous regions in China and some Chinese universities for the direct selection and recruitment of outstanding young foreign students to study in China.
1. Types of funding
1. Enrollment categories: full-time master students and doctoral students, the duration of the scholarship for master students is 3 years; the duration of the scholarship for doctoral students is 4 years.
2. The enrollment quota of this scholarship is only for enrolling new students, not for students who have already studied in China. Students who study their native language or third-country language and literature majors such as English and French are not admitted.
3. All scholarship students who are taught in Chinese, if their Chinese proficiency does not meet the requirements for entering the major, they must take a one-year Chinese tuition after coming to China. Our school does not have Chinese language tuition programs.
4. The duration of the scholarship is the length of study determined at the time of admission, including the period of professional study. In principle, it will not be extended.
2. Scholarship content: full scholarship
●Tuition: Free of tuition;
●Accommodation fee (free dormitory provided by the school); if you live off campus, you must first apply and sign the relevant security guarantee agreement.
●Living Expenses: Implemented according to the scholarship standard of Chinese government scholarship students.
●Comprehensive medical insurance
Please refer to the insurance content and claims procedures
http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/newsdetail.aspx?cid=11&id=2705 “Introduction to Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Claims Guide for International Students in China”.
3. Application acceptance agency and application time
Application acceptance agency: Please consult the Foreign Affairs Office of Qinghai University directly.
Application time: March 1st to April 15th
4. Application conditions
1. Non-Chinese citizens, in good health;
2. Students who are not studying in China (graduates studying in China must graduate more than one year);
3. Educational background and age requirements:
●Applicants who come to China to study for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
●Applicants who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Language requirements:
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs should have HSK scores above level 4. Students of Chinese-taught academic qualifications must reach HSK Level 5 when they graduate; applicants for English-taught programs must have relevant IELTS or TOEFL certificates that prove their English proficiency.
5. Application process
1. Applicants can directly submit an application to Qinghai University;
2. Applicants must log in to the “CSC Online Application System for Studying in China”
(Log in to http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org and click the “Online Registration Student Entry” icon to enter), fill in the application information online, and submit the relevant materials online;
The acceptance agency code required for online registration of Qinghai University is 10743.
3. Applicants must prepare corresponding materials according to the requirements of the following “application materials” list, and submit the application materials to the Foreign Affairs Office of Qinghai University within the specified time.
6. Application materials (all in duplicate)
1. “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” (Chinese or English);
2. Notarized highest education certificate. If the applicant is a student at school, he must also submit a certificate of enrollment issued by the school he is attending. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Study and research plans in China. Written in Chinese or English (not less than 800 words);
5. Letter of recommendation. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
6. A copy of the “Physical Examination Form for Foreigners”. You can log on to the website of China Scholarship Council
Download from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org, fill in English. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the “Physical Examination Form for Foreigners” to conduct inspections. The “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” with missing items, no photo of the person posted, or no seal on the photo, and no signature and seal of the physician or hospital, is invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
7. HSK score report or TOEFL, IELTS certificate.
8. A copy of the first page of a valid ordinary passport.
9. Qinghai University professors accept international students’ intent form or acceptance letter.
Note: Applicant materials will not be returned regardless of admission.
7. Admission and notification
1. After receiving the application materials, Qinghai University will review and select the best candidates for admission.
2. Applicants admitted by Qinghai University can receive Chinese government scholarships to study in China after they pass the review by the Scholarship Council;
3. Scholarship recipients must participate in the annual scholarship review as required after enrollment. Those who fail to pass the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their admission institutions, majors and duration of study after coming to China;
5. Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the time limit for admission.
Address: Foreign Affairs Office of Qinghai University, No.251 Ningda Road, Chengbei District, Xining City, Qinghai Province, China
Zip code: 10086
Contact: Teacher Yu Teacher Li