Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship Program
Hainan University 2021-2022 School Year Hainan Provincial Government
International Student Scholarship Application Method
Hainan University is a comprehensive key university formed by the merger of the former South China Tropical Agriculture University and the former Hainan University in August 2007. It is a joint university established by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of People’s Government of Hainan Province. The school upholds the school motto of “Hearing a hundred rivers and avenues forever”, and promotes the school spirit of “self-reliance, dedication, morality and perseverance” to catch up and develop in innovation. In December 2008, it was approved by the state to become a key construction university in the “211 Project”; in 2012, it ranked among the national “Middle and Western Higher Education Revitalization Plan” construction ranks, and successively won the “Middle and Western Universities Basic Capacity Building Project” and “Middle and Western Universities Comprehensive Strength” In 2017, it was selected as a national “world-class discipline” construction university; in 2018, the Hainan Provincial Party Committee and the provincial government made a major decision and deployment of “consolidating the power of the province to run Hainan University”; in the same year, Hainan The university has become a “ministry-province joint construction” university between the Ministry of Education and the Hainan Provincial Government, and is included in the ranking of universities directly under the Ministry of Education.
Outstanding students and scholars from all over the world are welcome to apply for the Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship to study at Hainan University!
1. Types of funding
Outstanding international students who come to Hainan University to study for undergraduate, master and doctoral degrees . For enrollment majors, please check the website : https://hd.hainanu.edu.cn/gjjy/lhlx/zsxm1.htm
In principle, the program is used to recruit new students, and does not recruit students who study their native language or third-country language and literature majors such as English and French.
2. Funding content
Free registration fee, tuition fee, and medical insurance fee, provide on-campus accommodation (two persons per room), and other expenses at your own expense.
3. Application acceptance agency and application time
Application acceptance agency: Office of Admissions and Foreign Cooperation, School of International Education, Hainan University.
Application Period: 2021 Nian 2 Yue 25 Ri Zhi 4 Yue 30 days.
4. Application conditions
1. Non-Chinese citizens holding a valid foreign passport . Physical and mental health, good conduct, friendly to China, abide by Chinese laws and regulations of Hainan University, and respect Chinese culture and customs. Meet China’s entry and exit requirements. It complies with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education “Notice on Regulating the Relevant Work of Our Colleges and Universities Accepting International Students” (Jiaowaihan [ 2020] No. 12). Namely: Originally Medium
Citizens of foreign countries, applicants who later became foreign nationals or both of their parents or one of them are Chinese citizens and settled in a foreign country. Applicants who have foreign nationality at birth should hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for 4 years (inclusive) Above, and have a record of actual residence in a foreign country for more than 2 years in the last 4 years (until April 30 of the enrollment year).
2. Educational background and age requirements:
●Applicants who come to China to study for a bachelor’s degree must have an academic background or certificate equivalent to a Chinese senior high school graduation and be under the age of 30.
●Applicants who come to China to study for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
●Applicants who come to China to study for a Ph.D. degree must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Language requirements:
●For Chinese-taught programs, the Chinese proficiency must be at least 180 points in HSK Level 4;
●For English-taught programs, the English proficiency must be IELTS 6.0 and above (no less than 6.0 in a single subject); or TOEFL 560 or above, and the new TOEFL (Internet-based test) 78 points or above. Students from countries whose native language and official language are English are exempted from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
Five application materials
Applicants are requested to log on to the Hainan University Study in China Application Platform https://hainu.17gz.org/ to fill in the information and upload the application materials. Prepare the corresponding paper materials according to the requirements of the following “application materials” list, and submit the application materials in duplicate to the International Student Admissions Office of Hainan University School of International Education before April 30 .
1. “Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship Application Form for International Students” and “Hainan University Application Form for Studying in China ” (filled in Chinese or English) . “Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship Application Form for International Students” is detailed in the attachment. The ” Application Form for Studying in China at Hainan University ” needs to be filled in at the Hainan University Studying in China Application Platform https://hainu.17gz.org/ .
2. A copy of the first page of a valid ordinary passport.
3. A notarized copy of the highest degree certificate and transcript (notarized Chinese or English translations should be attached to the non-Chinese or English version); if the applicant is a student, the expected copy issued by the school should be submitted Graduation certificate, the original or notarized certificate of academic qualifications must be submitted after admission; if the applicant is already employed, an in-service certificate issued by the employer must be submitted separately.
4. Copy of language proficiency certificate : apply for a Chinese-taught program, provide HSK score report or other equivalent Chinese proficiency certificate; apply for an English-taught program, provide a TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
5. Copy of “Foreigner Physical Examination Record” and blood examination report. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” for inspection. The “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” that is missing, does not have a photo of the person posted, or is not stamped with a seam seal on the photo, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital, is invalid.
6. Two recommendation letters from the teachers of the graduated school or the current college.
7. Study and research plans in China. Written in Chinese or English ( 1000 characters to 1500 characters) .
8. Proof of no criminal record.
9. For international students who have already studied in China to apply to study in our school, the applicant must provide a valid visa or study residence certificate issued by another school, and must provide the “Certificate of End of Study” or “Certificate of Transfer” issued by the above-mentioned school.
10. Personal resume. If you have published or written papers, works, works, etc., please attach them together.
11. I has acquired foreign nationality at birth but one or both parents as Chinese citizens of the applicant, or formerly foreign nationality after the Chinese citizens over more than four years (including) the applicant shall provide the applicant recently outside the four years Proof of residence and the signature page of the passport for entering and leaving China.
1. All application materials should be bound into a booklet in the upper left corner in order. In duplicate, one is the notarized original and the other is the photocopy. Regardless of whether you are admitted or not, the application materials will not be returned.
2. If the applicant’s conditions or application materials do not meet the regulations and requirements, the application will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted;
3. The applicant must fill in all the information truthfully. Please provide translations for documents that are not in Chinese or English;
4. After receiving the application materials, the office will not reply one by one, please contact us for confirmation.
6. Admission and admission
1. After receiving the application materials, Hainan University will review and select the best candidates for admission;
2. For applicants who are pre-admitted by Hainan University, the Hainan Provincial Department of Education will determine the final admission result and give feedback to the school (the specific time will be determined by the Hainan Provincial Department of Education);
3. After the final admission result is confirmed, Hainan University will announce the admission result online, and send the “Admission Notice” and “Visa Application Form for Studying in China” (JW202 Form ) to the admitted (usually in July);
4. Entry time: generally in September , subject to the time on the admission notice;
5. Scholarship recipients must participate in the annual scholarship review as required after enrollment. Those who fail to pass the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarship;
6. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their admission institutions, majors and duration of study after coming to China;
7. Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the time limit for admission.
Seven, contact information
Address: Admissions and Foreign Cooperation Office , School of International Education, Hainan University, 58 Renmin Avenue, Haikou City, Hainan Province, China
Post Code: 570228
Contact: Teacher Xu, Teacher Zhou
Email : email@example.com