Lanzhou University President Scholarship Enrolment Guide
Lanzhou University was founded in 1909 and is a key comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education of China. It is one of the key universities in the national “985 Project” and “211 Project”, and a national “Double First Class” A-class university.
Lanzhou University has a complete range of disciplines and distinctive disciplines, covering 12 disciplines, including chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, A large number of superior disciplines such as medicine and toxicology and agricultural science.
In order to recruit outstanding international students in China, Lanzhou University established the “Lanzhou University President Scholarship” in 2017 as follows:
1. Scholarship content and standards
The scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses, insurance and registration fees. The specific funding standards are as follows:
Unit: Yuan /year·person
|tuition (Free)||Accommodation fee (free)||Insurance premium (free)||Registration fee (free)||Living expenses (award)||total|
The living allowance is paid for ten months each year, and if it is less than ten months, it is paid according to the actual school time. The duration of funding to study for a degree is the same as the standard academic system. The insurance premium is also required to purchase third-party liability insurance at your own expense, the amount is 200 yuan per academic year.
2. Application qualifications and conditions
1. Non-Chinese citizens, holding a valid foreign passport, and in good physical and mental health.
2. Degree and age requirements:
Those who study for a bachelor’s degree must graduate from high school and are generally under 25 years of age;
Those who study for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree, and the age is generally under 35; those who study for a doctoral degree must have a master’s degree and are generally under 40.
3. Have good grades in the field of work or study, or have great research potential.
4. Have not received various scholarships from the Chinese government or other institutions.
5. Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) score certificate (valid for 2 years), the specific score requirements are as follows:
Apply for undergraduate students who :
Literature, History, and Philosophy: HSK Level 4 with a score of 210 or more
Chinese Language Major: HSK 4 with a score of 210 or above , HSKK Intermediate with a score of 60 or above
Other majors: HSK level 4 with a score of 195 or more
Apply for graduate students who :
Literature major: 180 points or more in HSK Level 5, and 50 points or more in HSKK Intermediate Level
History and philosophy majors: HSK level 5 with a score of 180 or more
Other majors: HSK level 4 with a score of 210 or more
3. Application materials
1. “Lanzhou University International Student Admission Application Form” (log in to the Lanzhou University International Student Online Service System https://lzu.17gz.org to register, fill in the information and upload a scanned copy of the original materials);
2. Scholarship personal statement: The content should include the reasons for the scholarship application, family financial situation, academic background and work experience, study plan in China, individual awards and personal specialties, etc. (not less than 1500 words, written in Chinese or English);
3. A copy of the “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” must be filled out in Chinese or English. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” for inspection. The “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, does not have the signature and seal of the doctor and the hospital, is invalid, and the check result is valid for 6 months, and the original must be brought when you arrive at the school;
4. Notarized bachelor degree or above certificate (texts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations, fresh graduates must submit pre-graduation certificates);
5. Notarized transcripts (texts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations);
6. Applicants for graduate students need to submit recommendation letters issued by 2 professors or associate professors;
7. Research results. Published papers, award certificates and other materials that prove your academic achievements and research capabilities;
8. Copy of language (Chinese or English) test score report. For students who apply for Chinese-taught courses, HSK scores must meet the requirements of Article 5 of “Application Qualifications and Conditions”; students who apply for English-taught courses, except for native English speakers, must submit IELTS scores of 5.5 or more and TOEFL scores of 80 or more Single or other proof that can reflect one’s English proficiency;
9. A copy of a valid ordinary passport. Applicants in mainland China must also provide a copy of the current valid visa page or residence permit page.
Please scan and upload the originals of the above materials to the web page, and bind them into a book (two volumes in one type) in the order as required and mail it to the School of International Cultural Exchange of Lanzhou University. When necessary, our school will require applicants to submit supplementary materials. Unclear or incomplete materials will not be accepted. All materials will not be returned regardless of whether they are admitted or not.
4. Application procedure
Step 1: Log in to the Lanzhou University International Student Online Service System https://lzu.17gz.org to register, fill in the information and upload the original scanned copy of the application materials;
Step 2: After completing the online registration, print the “Lanzhou University International Student Admission Application Form” automatically generated by the system, and prepare the corresponding materials in accordance with the requirements and sequence of the “application materials” list;
Step 3: Mail the hard copy materials.
Contact: Xie Fei Wangshan
Contact number: 0086-931-8914290
Address: School of International Cultural Exchange, Room 703, Student Activity Center, Lanzhou University, 222 Tianshui South Road, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province
Zip code: 730000